So you’re interested in using WordPress as your business site – smart move!
But before you dive right in to planning and design you’re decided to do a little research.
WordPress is most commonly known as a blogging platform but it’s grown in popularity as a website platform for both large and small businesses.
WordPress For Business Websites?
Easy to Install
With a good hosting program you can simply install WordPress with a few clicks and here at Funky Web 77 we do it all for you..
Easy to Update
One of the features of WordPress is the easy to use visual editor. It’s called a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor. You could compare this type of editor in WordPress to using Microsoft Word to edit your website as it’s very easy to use and many people catch on to use it quickly.
Plenty of Add-Ons with WordPress
With WordPress you can get add-ons that increase the functions and change the look of your website. Compared to having customized features added to a site designed specifically for you the cost will be highly reduced.
Customized Look With WordPress
There are many ways to customize a WordPress website so that it matches your business and branding. You can add your own logo or header, change the background, add your own colors, add links and more.
Built in Blog
What many people who are not familiar with WordPress are unaware of is that you can use the program to create both a website and a blog all in the same spot. This is so much more convenient than having them separate.
WordPress is Search Engine Friendly
Another great feature of the program is helps you optimize your pages and posts.
If you choose to also have a blog on your website you can work on building a community around your website. Writing blog posts that build relationships with your target market is an effective way to build trust and earn more sales in the long run.
Easy To Change
As businesses grow and change so do their website needs. It’s silly to assume that the first website or design you start with will be your last. Most businesses go through a large number of changes. WordPress makes it easy to change your look with themes. A theme is added over top of the content and so when replace a current theme it doesn’t affect your existing posts and pages.
I hope these points will help you decide if using a WordPress blog as a business website is the right choice for you.
A business blog is central to a successful inbound marketing strategy that will help you get found and generate more inbound leads online. Why? Here are 6 reasons your business needs to blog:
1. Build thought leadership by showing your expertise and becoming a go-to resource for prospects and media.
2. Get SEO value for each blog article. More content = more opportunities to get found online.
3. Engage in a dialogue with customers and prospects through blog comments. Host conversations and respond to issues or questions.
4. Attract social media followers. Businesses that blog enjoy more social media reach because they have content to share.
5. Generate more leads online. A HubSpot study found that businesses that blog generate more than 67% more leads online compared to businesses that don’t blog.
6. Humanize your brand by giving your company a voice of the people behind your brand.
Business websites built on WordPress are also very search engine friendly and with a little tweaking can appear at the top of the search engines very quickly.